Trusted advisors ensure business owners can meet their strategic objectives in all business areas. However, this does not mean that the trusted advisors providing advice on taxation and estate planning or those navigating the legal arena will best serve a business owner looking to grow or sell. Many Dealers lean on their attorney, CPA, or generalist “broker” to represent them in the sale of their dealership or facilitate delicate interpersonal succession planning dynamics. Unfortunately, where these advisors are critical to the selling and succession process, they can lack game-changing insight simply because they don’t specialize in buying, selling, or growing dealerships or interpersonal nuances of succession planning.
In this episode, Pete Theil with Haig Partners and The Rawls Group’s succession planner Champ Rawls discusses the importance of specialists, especially considering the complexities of the car business, net worth, family, and nuances associated with balancing family and business.
For more insight:
Visit the “Future Proof Your Business” discussion page or select one of the additional episodes of the series below:
- Next Gen: Empire Builders Vs. Caretakers
- Delegating Day to Day & Remain in Control
- What Family Businesses Must Do to Compete Now & Into the Future
- How to Compete with National Brands & Consolidators
- Keep or Sell: Determining Your Best Strategy
- Uncertain Future: Better to Grow or Cash Out?
- Key Strategies for Developing Your Growth Game Plan
- Keeping or Selling: How to Build Value in Your Business
- How to Succeed Despite Economic Uncertainties
- Haig Report: Stay up to speed on the latest trends in auto retail, dealership values, and buy-sells.
- Automotive News Expert Q & A: Alan Haig answers questions in this Automotive News Buy-Sell Expert Q&A about how smaller automotive retail groups and independents can future-proof their dealerships.
- Buying or Selling Your Dealership: 5 Things You Must Consider
- Succession Readiness Survey: A 7-minute investment in time will put you in an informed position of opportunities many business owners overlook, impacting business value, growth, lifestyle, and ultimately achieving your vision.
- Contact Us: We can help you with insights and other resources and see if it makes sense to work together. At the very least, in 30 minutes, you may get some ideas you can apply to your business immediately.
The Succession Planning Matrix
The Succession Planning Matrix
Many people put off succession planning because they think it means retirement, exit, and the end. However; succession planning is just the beginning. It gives the owner options in terms of what “their next” looks like, whether that be growth, philanthropy, or a new business venture. Our process focuses are addressing 10 key areas of what we call the Succession Matrix.
Click the following link for more drill-down resources on The Succession Matrix, or check out our Facebook post.
Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter to stay informed on how to overcome related succession planning issues.
We can help you with insights, other resources, and see if it makes sense to work together. At the very least, in 30 minutes, you may get some ideas you can apply to your business right away.