Growing, transitioning, or selling a business for top dollar requires planning and a team of experts. For example, many owners think they can decide one day to sell the business, put it on the market the next day, and save money by facilitating the sale themselves. Regrettably, those dealers leave a substantial amount of value on the table.
In this episode, Doug Woosnam, a Consultant with Cetane Associates, Champ Rawls, a succession planner with The Rawls Group, Marty Kirshner, Partner with Gray, Gray & Gray, and The Rawls Group’s succession planner Clayton Latiolais discuss common issues owners face when they choose to go it alone.
It is worth the return on investment to engage professionals to help you develop a strategy to maximize the value of the business. Expert advisors know how to position your business in the best way – visually and financially- to attract and retain talent, build value and achieve your vision for the future.
For more insight:
Visit the “Create Control Over Your Future” discussion page or select one of the additional episodes of the series below:
- Balancing Seasonal and Political Uncertainties in the Energy Business
- Generate What You Want and Need from the Business
- How Successful Propane Marketers Protect and Build Business Value
- Strategies to Attract, Retain and Motivate Employees in the Fuel, Oil, Propane and Energy Business
- How Fuel, Oil, Energy, and Propane Marketers Can Protect Their Business
- Keys to Maintaining Successful Business Partnerships
- Cetane Associates: a unique group of fuel industry specialists armed with assets and proprietary processes that help them perform wonders for their clients
- Gray, Gray, and Gray: With 77 years of experience working with fuel oil and propane marketers and convenience store owners, Gray, Gray & Gray has established a reputation as the energy industry’s leading accounting, consulting, and business advisory firm.
- Succession Readiness Survey: A 7-minute investment in time will put you in an informed position of opportunities many business owners overlook, impacting business value, growth, and lifestyle, and ultimately achieving your vision.
- Contact a Succession Planner: The Rawls Group can help you with insights and other resources and see if it makes sense to work together. At the very least, in 30 minutes, you may get some ideas you can apply to your business immediately.
The Succession Planning Matrix
The Succession Planning Matrix
Many people put off succession planning because they think it means retirement, exit, and the end. However; succession planning is just the beginning. It gives the owner options in terms of what “their next” looks like, whether that be growth, philanthropy, or a new business venture. Our process focuses are addressing 10 key areas of what we call the Succession Matrix.
Click the following link for more drill-down resources on The Succession Matrix, or check out our Facebook post.
Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter to stay informed on how to overcome related succession planning issues.
We can help you with insights, other resources, and see if it makes sense to work together. At the very least, in 30 minutes, you may get some ideas you can apply to your business right away.