Individuals and families spend a lifetime accumulating wealth but often lack the scale to navigate global markets and stay in front of state-of-the-art investment portfolios. For this reason, business owners and those who want to protect their wealth must have personal financial planning as part of the future planning of their business. It is critical to succession planning. This means bringing in the right team of advisors to help ensure you are making informed, educated, and strategic decisions. These must align your ability to be financially independent of the business, while also ensuring the vision and financial goals you have for your future, and the future of your family are met.
Thank you to Dan Gavin a Principal with Bernstein Private Wealth Management and our very own succession planner, Loyd Rawls, for sharing your expert insight.
As you listen to this episode, you will walk away with key take-a-ways and will realize you will want more. Click to visit the “Burning Question” topic page to easily access the additional episodes in the series.
Do you have a burning question you want to discuss with an expert? Submit your question via the Ask An Expert form!
Tune into more burning questions by subscribing to our blog on the right side of the page. You will receive updates when new episodes are live that will address:
- Adjusting to the new normal for industries that rely on customer interactions
- Messaging for business owners / leaders to share with their people in times of crisis
- Navigating the path when some family want to work in the business & others pursue other careers
- Addressing uncomfortable subjects that are more difficult during crisis as opposed to normal times
- Strategies for helping a son and daughter to learn how to work together
- Navigating business transitions when the next gen is not interested in the family business
- Proactive strategies to position the business for the “unknown”
- Communication tactics ease employee’s anxiety and worry
- Managing emotions of others and self in times of stress
- Strategies to increase sales to cover costs and create more points of revenue