A pandemic teaches us that there are things as leaders we should be doing all the time, not just when we are going through tough times. One of the more critical learnings of the COVID-19 pandemic is the importance of having a business continuity and disaster recovery plan in place. For businesses who had one when COVID-19 hit, they were more able to pivot, respond and keep business as close to normal as possible. Another key component is constant and clear communication with your employees, on both the professional and personal front. Be empathetic and acknowledge what your people are going through, and share how the business community can support them.
Watch the short video to hear Guy Koenig, President of Gulf States Financial Services Group, Erich Durlacher, President and Atlanta Office Managing Partner, of Burr & Forman and our very own Dan Schneider to hear insights on the burning question.
As you listen to this episode you will walk away with key take a-ways and will realize you will want more. Click to visit the “Burning Question” topic page to easily access the additional episodes in the series.
Do you have a burning question you want to discuss with an expert? Submit your question via the Ask An Expert form!
Tune into more burning questions by subscribing to our blog on the right side of the page. You will receive updates when new episodes are live that will address:
- Adjusting to the new normal for industries that rely on customer interactions
- Messaging for business owners / leaders to share with their people in times of crisis
- Navigating the path when some family want to work in the business & others pursue other careers
- Addressing uncomfortable subjects that are more difficult during crisis as opposed to normal times
- Strategies for helping a son and daughter to learn how to work together
- Navigating business transitions when the next gen is not interested in the family business
- Proactive strategies to position the business for the “unknown”
- Communication tactics ease employee’s anxiety and worry
- Managing emotions of others and self in times of stress
- Strategies to increase sales to cover costs and create more points of revenue