We Often Hear “I Have A Plan.”
At 24 I Had a Plan, probably like many of you in your 20’s. If you are 24 and reading this you may not get the “joke” but if you are at least a year older than 24, say 26, you get it. Environments Change – Plans Change!
I’m About to Turn 41. My Goals, feelings & perspective have changed since 24 – AT 24, I wanted to live in a big city and was ecstatic to live in a women’s dorm to make it happen. I also had a plan for my career.
My Goals, feelings & perspectives have changed since I was 39.5 Specific about the timing of change more to highlight how environments change. Minus COVID starting about 1.5 years, and how this hopefully once-in-a-lifetime event has impacted our daily lives; think back to a time with COVID wasn’t a reality. Think back 5 years, 10 years, and even 15 years. How have your perspectives changed; how has your industry changed, how has your family and key leadership make-up changed.
My example is simple compared to your complex business environment. Take my relatively simple example of change and multiply it by 100’s of changes impacting your business
1. Changes in your FEELINGS, goals, and perspectives
2. Changes in key manager goals, feelings, and perspectives
3. Changes in family feelings and perspectives
4. Changes in the family makeup and dynamics
5. Changes in finances and what is very relevant are changes in tax law
6. Changes in technology, our daily environments – which we have seen with COVID, and what customers want!
Don’t let your business die on the vine with a dusty plan. If your plan has not been revisited over the last 365 days, it is PAST DUE. Your environment requires planning because it is complex. Resource qualified advisors who are anticipating changes. Who are looking ahead and asking questions you don’t even know to ask, putting you in a ready position.
• Reach out to your advisors – challenge them for ideas.
• Contact us for a free, no-obligation discussion to answer your most pressing questions
• Leverage tools at your figure tips, such as our Succession Readiness Survey.
7-minute investment in time will put you in an informed position about opportunities many business owners overlook impacting business value, growth, lifestyle, and ultimately achieving your vision.