Effective teamwork is imperative to running a productive and strong performing multi-unit franchise operation. As a multi-unit franchisee, it is up to you to set the standard and tone for what management synergy and teamwork look like.
In times where there are unknowns and uncertainties, your “team” has so many other personal and self-interest things on their minds. The following are key questions we receive from franchisees who are experiencing management synergy and teamwork challenges:
- What can I do to enhance teamwork among departments and locations?
- A:First start with recruiting and retaining the right people, building a strong bench of talent, and leading by example to empower team collaboration.
- Q: How can I create a forum for collaboration among key managers and leaders?
- A:Not every collaborative team decision has to be built on consensus. In fact, the best collaboration often comes from a variety of ideas.
- Q: How do I gauge whether or not I am a solid role model for collaboration and teamwork?
- A:Does your culture support your vision and reflect the core values you have set for the organization. If not, spend time in self-reflection and identify behaviors and attitudes you may be exhibiting that are counter culture. Then evaluate your leadership teams behavior and attitudes and turn “that beat around.” And, last communicate and share the vision of your business often.
The core of your business and why you are in business can get lost in the fray when everyone is worried about themselves and their families. Lead by example and build or enhance your culture to a place where people want to work and stay!
Click the following link to read more about the on the Multi Unit Franchising’s website titled: Management Synergy and Teamwork
Read the article and then reach out us to get some insights on your own situation. A few moments with us will provide you insight and clarity for your next steps forward. Contact Us