The upside to COVID 19 is it forced creative thinking which revealed new strategies to meet customer needs, keep businesses alive and people employed. So how do you take what you have learned and apply it towards the future? Strategic planning is a critical piece of the puzzle. For organizations who had a strategic plan in place, it is time to revisit and evaluate changes based on how business has changed. Engaging in strategic planning will also enable you to identify what hidden issues are looming and how you can avoid them in the future.
Watch the short video to hear Bill Lowman, Partner with Shuffield Lowman and our very own Jean Venant and hear insights on the burning question.
As you listen to this episode you will walk away with key take a-ways and will realize you will want more. Click to visit the “Burning Question” topic page to easily access the additional episodes in the series.
Do you have a burning question you want to discuss with an expert? Submit your question via the Ask An Expert form!
Tune into more burning questions by subscribing to our blog on the right side of the page. You will receive updates when new episodes are live that will address:
- Adjusting to the new normal for industries that rely on customer interactions
- Messaging for business owners / leaders to share with their people in times of crisis
- Navigating the path when some family want to work in the business & others pursue other careers
- Addressing uncomfortable subjects that are more difficult during crisis as opposed to normal times
- Strategies for helping a son and daughter to learn how to work together
- Navigating business transitions when the next gen is not interested in the family business
- Proactive strategies to position the business for the “unknown”
- Communication tactics ease employee’s anxiety and worry
- Managing emotions of others and self in times of stress
- Strategies to increase sales to cover costs and create more points of revenue
The only constant one can plan for is change. Strategic planning positions the business to address the probable, possible, and potential contingencies impacting business success.
Click the following link for more drill down resources on Strategic Planning
Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter to stay informed on how to overcome related succession planning issues.
We can help you with insights, other resources, and see if it makes sense to work together. At the very least, in 30 minutes, you may get some ideas you can apply to your business right away.