Technology is one of the biggest areas of change for dealers coming out of COVID-19. Digital and online technology has enabled dealers to provide an enhanced and unique customer experience while keeping employees and customers safe. Customers are able to browse and buy vehicles, navigate the F&I process, schedule pick-up and deliveries, all keeping dealers thriving through the crisis. For dealers who are taking advantage of technology and leaving the old way of servicing and selling behind, the future is bright. For dealers who are not, it presents an opportunity to identify an exit strategy as buy-sell activity is as strong as it has ever been. One thing is for certain. Auto retail is always in constant change and so, we have to be prepared for continued uncertainty.
Watch the short video to hear Kevin Nill, a Partner with Haig Partners and our very own David Weaver to hear insights on the burning question.
As you listen to this episode you will walk away with key take a-ways and will realize you will want more. Click to visit the “Burning Question” topic page to easily access the additional episodes in the series.
Do you have a burning question you want to discuss with an expert? Submit your question via the Ask An Expert form!
Tune into more burning questions by subscribing to our blog on the right side of the page. You will receive updates when new episodes are live that will address:
- Adjusting to the new normal for industries that rely on customer interactions
- Messaging for business owners / leaders to share with their people in times of crisis
- Navigating the path when some family want to work in the business & others pursue other careers
- Addressing uncomfortable subjects that are more difficult during crisis as opposed to normal times
- Strategies for helping a son and daughter to learn how to work together
- Navigating business transitions when the next gen is not interested in the family business
- Proactive strategies to position the business for the “unknown”
- Communication tactics ease employee’s anxiety and worry
- Managing emotions of others and self in times of stress
- Strategies to increase sales to cover costs and create more points of revenue