The unfortunate reality of a crisis, like COVID-19, is not every business survives. It is sad, but it is part of the correction that takes place when markets might be saturated, or where there might be underperforming units. Owners can work towards protecting themselves in the future by leveraging what is being learned now, as well as ensuring a proper strategic plan is in place. Critical to business success is to plan for the unknown so that you can build resiliency and flexibility in all areas of your operation.
Watch the short video to hear Cory Bennett, Partner with Bennett Thrasher, Drew Larson with Brown Winick and our very own David Weaver to hear insights on the burning question.
As you listen to this episode you will walk away with key take a-ways and will realize you will want more. Click to visit the “Burning Question” topic page to easily access the additional episodes in the series.
Do you have a burning question you want to discuss with an expert? Submit your question via the Ask An Expert form!
Tune into more burning questions by subscribing to our blog on the right side of the page. You will receive updates when new episodes are live that will address:
- Adjusting to the new normal for industries that rely on customer interactions
- Messaging for business owners / leaders to share with their people in times of crisis
- Navigating the path when some family want to work in the business & others pursue other careers
- Addressing uncomfortable subjects that are more difficult during crisis as opposed to normal times
- Strategies for helping a son and daughter to learn how to work together
- Navigating business transitions when the next gen is not interested in the family business
- Proactive strategies to position the business for the “unknown”
- Communication tactics ease employee’s anxiety and worry
- Managing emotions of others and self in times of stress
- Strategies to increase sales to cover costs and create more points of revenue