Culture is created whether one works at it or not. Usually a high performance culture requires intentional focus. Loyd often says, “He did not choose succession planning, succession planning picked him.” And the skills and expertise required to facilitate family, business, personal and financial nuance involved in the process, requires a team approach. As such, core to The Rawls Group’s culture is teamwork. Collaboration and leveraging the variety of skill sets within our organization AND resourcing outside professional service providers.
As you listen to this episode you will walk away with key take a ways and will realize you will want more. For more on this topic, check out the other episodes:
- 1: What is your definition of culture?
- 3: What were the key characteristics that were important to you as you developed the culture of this organization?
- 4: Are those characteristics still the same?
- 5: How did you align your people to the culture you desired?
- 6: How important is respect in the workplace – and as a leader, how did you manage and enforce it?
- 7: Share with us how important it is for your people to be entrepreneurial in mindset and behavior?
- 8: As you looked to the your “what’s next” how have you ensured the initial core values of the organization have sustained over time? Did you encounter challenges or resistance?
- 9: Is there anything you would have done – or would do differently?