Core values act as the guiding principles or “headlights” for the organization as the leadership evaluates decisions in regards to recruitment, strategic planning and how daily interactions are handled with employees and customers. Over time, if not tended to, core values can erode. As a fellow entrepreneur and one who has a heart for culture, Loyd Rawls shares how he instilled and ensured the core values of The Rawls Group have remained strong and consistent over the last 45+ years. Listen in for insight that can be applied to your unique organization.
As you listen to this episode you will walk away with key take a-ways and may want more. Click to visit the “Creating a Culture of Opportunity topic page to easily access the additional episodes in the series.
Other topics discussed in the series:
- 1: What is your definition of culture?
- 2: Did you intentionally set out to build a culture of opportunity for others – or did that come with time?
- 3: What were the key characteristics that were important to you as you developed the culture of this organization?
- 4: Are those characteristics still the same?
- 5: How did you align your people to the culture you desired?
- 6: How important is respect in the workplace – and as a leader, how did you manage and enforce it?
- 7: Share with us how important it is for your people to be entrepreneurial in mindset and behavior?
- 9: Is there anything you would have done – or would do differently?