It should not take a pandemic to showcase the importance of planning. Prior to the pandemic, many business owners had not considered the creation of a contingency plan, however, it is top of mind for many now. One way to ensure you have protected the operational and financial continuity of your business is through succession planning. By virtue of succession planning, you are protecting key areas of the business including people, processes, planning, and profit protection.
Thank you to Michael Einbinder a Partner with Einbinder and Dunn, Michael Iannuzzi a Partner with Citrin Cooperman, and our very own succession planner, Dan Schneider, for sharing your expert insight.
As you listen to this episode, you will walk away with key takeaways and will realize you will want more. Click to visit the “Burning Question” topic page to easily access the additional episodes in the series.
Do you have a burning question you want to discuss with an expert? Submit your question via the Ask An Expert form!
Tune into more burning questions by subscribing to our blog on the right side of the page. You will receive updates when new episodes are live that will address:
- Adjusting to the new normal for industries that rely on customer interactions
- Messaging for business owners/leaders to share with their people in times of crisis
- Navigating the path when some family want to work in the business & others pursue other careers
- Addressing uncomfortable subjects that are more difficult during the crisis as opposed to normal times
- Strategies for helping a son and daughter to learn how to work together
- Navigating business transitions when the next-gen is not interested in the family business
- Proactive strategies to position the business for the “unknown”
- Communication tactics ease employee’s anxiety and worry
- Managing emotions of others and self in times of stress
- Strategies to increase sales to cover costs and create more points of revenue