It’s a tricky road to navigate when you family decides they do not want to be in the business. However, you have options to ensure the legacy of what you have built continues and to financially protect your family in the process. It starts with identifying what kind of involvement you wish to continue to have as the business carries on, and the type of exit you desire. Simply, what kind of business control do you want to maintain when you decide it is time to move on to something else?
Watch the short video for Will Stewart with PCE, Drew Larson with Brown Winick, LLP and our very own Jeff Faulkner’s insight into the burning question.
As you listen to this episode you will walk away with key take a-ways and will realize you will want more. Click to visit the “Burning Question” topic page to easily access the additional episodes in the series.
Do you have a burning question you want to discuss with an expert? Submit your question via the Ask An Expert form!
Tune into more burning questions by subscribing to our blog on the right side of the page. You will receive updates when new episodes are live that will address:
- Adjusting to the new normal for industries that rely on customer interactions
- Messaging for business owners / leaders to share with their people in times of crisis
- Navigating the path when some family want to work in the business & others pursue other careers
- Addressing uncomfortable subjects that are more difficult during crisis as opposed to normal times
- Strategies for helping a son and daughter to learn how to work together
- Navigating business transitions when the next gen is not interested in the family business
- Proactive strategies to position the business for the “unknown”
- Communication tactics ease employee’s anxiety and worry
- Managing emotions of others and self in times of stress
- Strategies to increase sales to cover costs and create more points of revenue