The accumulation of financial resources enables a business owner to become free of credit guarantees, initiate an exit strategy, and empower succession by transferring leadership and control of the business to partners, family members or key manager successors.
Why Is it Important?
- The freedom to consider all viable business exit strategies without being forced into one solely based on your personal financial needs.
- The ability to protect your accumulated wealth that is critical to you and your family’s security. You maintain your privacy as you equitably transfer wealth, including the delicate business enterprise, to appropriate family members and charities.
- Creates the foundation for developing credit worthiness and transferring credit guarantees to family or key manager successors.
Symptoms of a Personal Financial Planning Problem:
- Financially dependent upon the business
- Nonexistent or impractical exit strategy due to time, money or resources
- No bench strength or identified successor to coach and develop for leadership transfer
- Incomplete or outdated estate plans
- All or most loans personally guaranteed by the owner
Download the Personal Financial Planning section of our Succession Matrix® guide.
See how your business compares to best practices in our printable guide complete with worksheets and additional insights.
What are the issues impacting the value of your business?
Contact us to schedule a Phase I diagnostic assessment of your business to find out.
Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter to stay informed on how to overcome related succession planning issues.