Conflict is inevitable in business, even more so in the family business. Understanding the impacts of differing personalities and behavioral traits is a key component for setting siblings up for success. Varying styles of communication, differing motivating factors and even differences in how one may handle stress can create unnecessary conflict. The upside is that you can have family harmony amongst your children, and it is not as hard as you might think!
Thank you to our very own Jeff Faulkner, David Weaver and Dan Schneider for sharing expert insight
As you listen to this episode you will walk away with key take a-ways and will realize you will want more. Click to visit the “Burning Question” topic page to easily access the additional episodes in the series.
Do you have a burning question you want to discuss with an expert? Submit your question via the Ask An Expert form!
Tune into more burning questions by subscribing to our blog on the right side of the page. You will receive updates when new episodes are live that will address:
- Adjusting to the new normal for industries that rely on customer interactions
- Messaging for business owners / leaders to share with their people in times of crisis
- Navigating the path when some family want to work in the business & others pursue other careers
- Addressing uncomfortable subjects that are more difficult during crisis as opposed to normal times
- Strategies for helping a son and daughter to learn how to work together
- Navigating business transitions when the next gen is not interested in the family business
- Proactive strategies to position the business for the “unknown”
- Communication tactics ease employee’s anxiety and worry
- Managing emotions of others and self in times of stress
- Strategies to increase sales to cover costs and create more points of revenue