When unemployment rates are low it, competition for great talent intensifies. A barometer to keep in mind is that if people are leaving withing 3-5 years, it shows the potential lack of development options. If people are leaving after the 5-year mark, it is usually due to leadership or organizational culture.
Over 11 episodes, Dan Schneider a Partner of The Rawls Group and Renay Winston President of People 1 discuss turnover, the impact to the organization, the cause and how to avoid it.
As you listen to this episode you will walk away with key take a-ways and may want more. Click to visit the “Turnover: Causes and How to Increase Retention topic page to easily access the additional episodes in the series.
Other topics discussed in the series:
- Episode 1: What is the cost of turnover?
- Episode 2: Why do organizations suffer turnover?
- Episode 3: Is turnover avoidable?
- Episode 4: How can an organization develop an environment to minimize turnover?
- Episode 5: What is one of the biggest mistakes employers make when retaining key talent?
- Episode 6: What can organizations do to retain key employees?
- Episode 7: Should organizations intentionally review their talent?
- Episode 9: Do employees leave the organization or their boss?
- Episode 10: What recommendations do you have for organizations to recruit and retain key talent?
- Episode 11: What is one key thing to start doing to recruit and retain key talent?