A wealth manager has the tremendous responsibility of managing the fruits of your labor. They are responsible for protecting your wealth while also helping ensure you achieve the financial future you desire for yourself and your family. This requires a wealth manager with whom you have a personal relationship and one who manages your investment portfolio directly versus outsourcing it. They must have familiarity with the dynamics that can have a direct impact on your investments at any given time in both the macro and microenvironments. It is important for you to know what is in your portfolio and why you have it, and partnering with a wealth manager that is working directly for you will help ensure you are always in “the know”.
Thank you to Dan Gavin a Principal with Bernstein Private Wealth Management and our very own succession planner, Loyd Rawls, for sharing your expert insight.
As you listen to this episode, you will walk away with key take-a-ways and will realize you will want more. Click to visit the “Burning Question” topic page to easily access the additional episodes in the series.
Do you have a burning question you want to discuss with an expert? Submit your question via the Ask An Expert form!
Tune into more burning questions by subscribing to our blog on the right side of the page. You will receive updates when new episodes are live that will address:
- Adjusting to the new normal for industries that rely on customer interactions
- Messaging for business owners / leaders to share with their people in times of crisis
- Navigating the path when some family want to work in the business & others pursue other careers
- Addressing uncomfortable subjects that are more difficult during crisis as opposed to normal times
- Strategies for helping a son and daughter to learn how to work together
- Navigating business transitions when the next gen is not interested in the family business
- Proactive strategies to position the business for the “unknown”
- Communication tactics ease employee’s anxiety and worry
- Managing emotions of others and self in times of stress
- Strategies to increase sales to cover costs and create more points of revenue