People are our biggest asset and we often talk about the costs of turnover to an organization. However, when COVID-19 hit the stage it forced dealers to take a critical look at the roles and responsibilities within their business. This look is forcing many dealers to carefully evaluate staffing levels and determine how they can do more with less, and how they can be sure to keep the right people in the right roles. Our business is only as good as our people so we must be certain to have the best, strongest, and most sustainable team in place.
Thank you to Jay Goldman of Boyer & Ritter and our very own succession planner, David Ciambella, for sharing your expert insight.
As you listen to this episode, you will walk away with key take-a-ways and will realize you will want more. Click to visit the “Burning Question” topic page to easily access the additional episodes in the series.
Do you have a burning question you want to discuss with an expert? Submit your question via the Ask An Expert form!
Tune into more burning questions by subscribing to our blog on the right side of the page. You will receive updates when new episodes are live that will address:
- Adjusting to the new normal for industries that rely on customer interactions
- Messaging for business owners/leaders to share with their people in times of crisis
- Navigating the path when some family want to work in the business & others pursue other careers
- Addressing uncomfortable subjects that are more difficult during the crisis as opposed to normal times
- Strategies for helping a son and daughter to learn how to work together
- Navigating business transitions when the next-gen is not interested in the family business
- Proactive strategies to position the business for the “unknown”
- Communication tactics ease employee’s anxiety and worry
- Managing emotions of others and self in times of stress
- Strategies to increase sales to cover costs and create more points of revenue