Developing talent from the “inside” is a strategic planning initiative. Key to developing a sustainable talent model is removing decisions based upon gut feeling and moving towards recruitment tools such as strength-based assessments such as PDP, DISC, etc. Such tools provides a baseline to see where a candidate may struggle or succeed in a role and provides a roadmap for coaching and leadership development.
Over 11 episodes, Jeff Bannon a Partner of The Rawls Group and Aichia Bascaro, President of American Franchise Academy discuss leadership – keys for development people, attracting top talent and creating opportunities within your franchise organization for growth.
As you listen to this episode you will walk away with key take a-ways and will realize you will want more. Click to visit the “Where Are All of the Leaders” series page.
Other episodes in the series:
- 1 – What are some of the primary challenges business owners are facing in their organizations related to talent?
- 2 – Are you seeing a change in motivation or expectations of up and coming leaders compared to years past?
- 3 – Are franchisees struggling to recruit people out of college as an attractive career choice?
- 4 – How do franchisees overcome the “from college to manger entitlement” mentality that seems to be growing trend?
- 5 – How can franchisees move from the doer & manager and growing their portfolio, while creating a culture of leadership for up-and-comers?
- 7 – How can franchisees attract young talent who want to stay & grow with their organization?
- 8 – How do you encourage franchise owners to ensure they have the knowledge, skills and trust to develop leaders?
- 9 – How can franchise owners use succession planning as a tool to better recruit, develop and retain talent?
- 10 – What are the impacts to the profession if franchise owners do not make the mental shift it takes to recruit and retain future leaders?
- 11 – Where are all of the leaders?