As one has set out to build a business to fulfill their entrepreneurial goals they also looked at the business for as a means to build the lifestyle they imagined. Often a business owner’s largest asset is their business. In a recent study Gina Miller discusses in the podcast, only 50% of business owners know what they would need and over 40% responded as having no idea. A fundamental key for succession is to develop independent wealth outside of the business. Where do you stand?
Champ Rawls a Partner of The Rawls Group and Gina Miller who is a Partner with Bennett Thrasher in their Dispute, Valuation and Forensics department discuss VALUE.
As you listen to this episode you will walk away with key take a-ways and will realize you will want more. Click to visit the “Business Value: How to Determine and Grow Value topic page to easily access the additional episodes in the series.
Other topics discussed in the series:
- 1 – How do you define value?
- 2 – How do you increase business value?
- 3 – How do you determine business value?
- 5 – Do you think business owners generally know the value of their business?
- 6 – When should owners start planning for transition?
- 7 – What are the first steps to begin to transition the business?
- 8 – What cash flow considerations should business owners evaluate when deciding sell vs. grow?