One thing organizations can do to recruit and retain key talent is to ensure there are defined career paths for each position in the organization. People want to know what the growth path looks like for not only their position, but other positions within the organization. People who may wish to move in a different direction, as well as those who are happy with their path know they have a place to grow.
Over 11 episodes, Dan Schneider a Partner of The Rawls Group and Renay Winston President of People 1 discuss turnover, the impact to the organization, the cause and how to avoid it.
As you listen to this episode you will walk away with key take a-ways and may want more. Click to visit the “Turnover: Causes and How to Increase Retention topic page to easily access the additional episodes in the series.
Other topics discussed in the series:
- Episode 1: What is the cost of turnover?
- Episode 2: Why do organizations suffer turnover?
- Episode 3: Is turnover avoidable?
- Episode 4: How can an organization develop an environment to minimize turnover?
- Episode 5: What is one of the biggest mistakes employers make when retaining key talent?
- Episode 6: What can organizations do to retain key employees?
- Episode 7: Should organizations intentionally review their talent?
- Episode 8: When unemployment is low, what is the impact to organizations ability to retain talent?
- Episode 9: Do employees leave the organization or their boss?
- Episode 11: What is one key thing to start doing to recruit and retain key talent?